Description: Horse Differences
Once there was a farmer who couldn't distinguish between his 2 horses.
Since he didn't know what to do he asked his neighbor for an advice.
- Why don't you trim the tail of one of the horses, adviced the neighbor.
- You are a very clever man, said the farmer.
For a couple of months it was all right, but then the tail grew back to
its normal size.
- You'd better trim the mane of one of the horses, adviced again the
For another couple of months it was ok, but then the mane grew back.
- I think the best thing to do is to look for something characteristic
that doesn't vary with the time, like the height of the horses, said the
- You are a very wise man, I'll measure it and tell you about it.
After a few hours the farmer returned to his neighbor:
- You were perfectly right, I've measured their height and indeed the
white horse is 3 inch taller than the black one.